After reflection and much creative effort, I’ve created a new blog which will hold my primary personal writing efforts. It is:
Smug Puppies will stay around for a while in its current form, and then probably archive to a subfolder under the new one, if I can figure out how to resolve all the domain name & export/import issues.
Posted on Wednesday, June 15th, 2011 by Jeri
Under: Uncategorized | Comments Off
Miles the baby kitten at 2 weeks, doing his best to remedy my highly stressful day at work. He helped.
He’s back with his littermates now, having dinner in a kittypile.
Posted on Monday, July 12th, 2010 by Jeri
Under: Uncategorized | 7 Comments »
Further proof – as if such were needed – that Janiece is made of awesome:
Thanks, Janiece, a lift was much needed this afternoon and these were a wonderful surprise.
Posted on Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 by Jeri
Under: Uncategorized | 5 Comments »
I am drawing an absolute blank on blog topics tonight, so, inspired by Beast Mom, I’m going to list random not-quite-blogworthy thoughts:
- Is anyone else completely surprised that Bush didn’t pardon Uncle Ted in his final days in office?
- If I were Michelle Obama, I’d wear jeans and sweatshirts as a protest until the media gets off the ridiculous (and traditional) fashion coverage kick and starts focusing on what’s really important.
- Why did the powers-that-be choose Microsoft Silverlight for streaming the inauguration festivities – which is inaccessible to the 15+% (and growing) of users that are on the Mac platform?
- I should probably write something profound and reflective about the the inauguration, the new era, but I’m just not feeling very profound lately.
- Since Facebook’s most recent upgrade, I’ve been unable to get the Wordbook plugin, which sends my blog posts to my Facebook news updates, working. I deleted and reinstalled – and now it won’t even activate on my blog. Argh.
- I really need to upgrade my MBP to OSX 10.5, and clean up my hard drive. Again.
- I spent MLK day – I took a floating holiday – puttering about my newly cleaned up workshop finishing up several metalsmithing projects and starting a new one.
- Why do they set the demo ladies at Costco up on the most crowded days so that they block the aisles? This does not make sense. And why are there no demo men?
- My doggie is much improved after her visit to the vet – the antibiotics and pain pill helped a lot.
- My nephew just had his pet hamster die, which is very sad. Still, I don’t understand wanting to keep a rodent as a pet. The work-vs-reward equation doesn’t make sense to me. My condolences, though, to him.
- We just saw the movie Defiance which was quite good – I recommend it, and not just because it stars Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber.
- My ideal movie cast would be Clive Owen, Daniel Craig and Liam Neeson. It would probably not be a period piece or a chick flick.
- We had roast pork loin for dinner. (yum) Why do the folks that make roasting racks make then enamel-over-steel, which always peels and gets gross, rather than stainless steel?
- Chocolate chocolate chip ice cream sounds really good right now. It’s a good thing I have none.
Posted on Monday, January 19th, 2009 by Jeri
Under: Uncategorized | 6 Comments »
Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren is leaving the team today after ten years as head coach. He’s not yet saying he’s retiring – just that he’s taking a year off to decide what’s next. The team presented him with this fully dressed 2009 Harley Davidson Screamin’ Eagle Friday after practice as a parting gift:
It sure beats a gold watch or a signed desk set!
Posted on Saturday, December 27th, 2008 by Jeri
Under: Uncategorized | Comments Off