My friend Vince is resurrecting a meme along the lines of “Ten things I’ve done that you probably have not.” I thought I’d jump in, although ten things is a minor challenge because my life is rather normal.
- Was born in a country that no longer exists – Burma – child of a military embassy attaché.
- Created and fed keypunch cards into an early mainframe computer.
- Learned to flyfish at 10 and prospect & pan for gold at 14
- Self-administered my own allergy shots for two years.
- Went cliff diving at midnight in an eastern Washington lake with friends.
- Rode in a ski patrol toboggan down a black diamond mogul-studded run – with a shredded knee. (Oh, and ski-bummed for a winter, too!)
- Married a man with the exact same first and middle name as me, creating a couple with identical names. (And divorced a man etc…)
- Rode a snow machine up the Yukon River at sunrise on the last leg of a business trip.
- Traveled above the arctic circle a few times. (OK, not all that unique given my Alaskan background and friends.)
- Swam an open water mile, sans wetsuit, in cold water.
What about you? What have you done that’s unique?
Note: this post is part of my commitment to WordPress’s Post a Week 2011 blog initiative. You can also do a post a day, but that’s probably not realistic for my busy self.
My friend Stephanie, aka @agenticecream, alerted me to the challenge – I look forward to seeing the year through with her.