Last week I tweeted a facetious novel writing suggestion, the first one in the list below, and it made me think: how many ill-advised ways can I come up with to write a 50,000 word novel?
- Write a 50,000 word MS project plan.
- Write a 50,000 word novel in Morse code.
- Write a 50,000 word novel consisting entirely of limericks.
- Write a 50,000 word comedic romance novel in Klingon.
- Write a 50,000 word vampire novel with a fountain pen. In your own blood.
- Write a 50,000 word literary novel in the bathroom, on toilet paper.
- Write and illustrate a 50,000 word serial graphic novel. In full color.
- Write a 50,000 word murder mystery on post-it-notes. Scramble them, then transcribe.
- Write a 50,000 word novel in sharpie (or tattoo!) on your own skin. And that of your family, if your handwriting isn’t small. Preserve via digicam.
- Write a 50,000 word novel in less than 30 days, while working full time, sleeping too little and drinking too much caffeine. Oh, wait, that’s NaNoWriMo!
Any really bad writing ideas you can come up with?