In my current foggy brain state, I thought I’d share with you things that are on my mind that I’m not going to write about because I can’t do them justice.
- The easing of trade and travel restrictions with Cuba. This restriction has always seemed ludicrous to me, and I’m glad we’re opening the door.
- The Obama’s new puppy. Breeder sourced or rescued, and will it make the breed too popular? Holy crap – in the scheme of things expected of a president, this is UTTERLY IMMATERIAL. Find some actual news to report on, people.
- My sister’s workplace (a hospital) was evacuated today for a bomb threat to the adjacent pharmacy. Apparently a druggie couldn’t get his fix and left the bomb beside instead. The bomb squad actually detonated the not-particularly-lethal bomb. I’m very glad she and her colleagues are ok.
- Taxes, which utterly suck.
- Going through a lifetime’s accumulation of stuff, which also utterly sucks and I have not even begun on it.
- Sleet (in Poulsbo) and snow (in Anchorage) in April is a really bad idea on the part of the weather gods.
- My smug sons, one of whom is coping marvelously and the other of whom is driving me nuts. (no guesses needed)
- The demise of WASL standardized testing and exit exams in Washington. (Yeah!) Which will probably be replaced with some other form of standardized testing. (Sigh.)
- The incredible, enduring value of friends in my life.
Please feel free to add, subtract or elaborate on any of these subjects.