Last year I didn’t make any New Year’s resolutions. The year before that I made some non-resolutions. How’d I do with those, over the course of the last two years?
- Go to the theater and see some good shows. It doesn’t have to be a Vegas-only experience!
FAIL. Although Cats, Rent, Fiddler on the Roof and Wicked are all coming to Seattle next year, so I have lots of opportunity coming up.
- Get a pedicure once a month even in winter – and splurge on the extended foot massage.
- Listen to new music every month.
I did this, actually, with the help of iTunes and exposure to new stuff via Wii Rock Band and Guitar Hero.
- Spend less time at work and more time with friends and family.
Epic FAIL. Sigh. A couple of colleagues and I are supporting each other on this in 2009.
- Do something creative every week just for the joy of it, e.g. make jewelry, write, paint, garden, do a home project, or a web project.
FAIL. But I did complete NaNoWriMo again.
- Take more naps.
FAIL. I hardly took any naps last year, although I’ve done a bit more in the last month.
One out of six is 16%, not exactly stellar performance. Apparently even non-resolutions are not for me.
Happy New Year!